Thursday, November 29, 2018

The View From Here #175 (THE FINAL ISSUE!): Summer/Fall, 2018

THE FINAL ISSUE?

I know: I've tried retirement before... This is not retirement so much as... morphing. 

The View From Here, 175 issues and over 17 years old started out as an email chain sent back to a dozen or so friends as I started my very first tour! Driving from Chicago to Seattle back in Fall, 2002, I was updating folks on a fairly regular basis, sometimes checking in multiple times a week, with updates on every performance

As I approach 1000 performances(!), the tour has grown, the blog has grown, and my ongoing narrative has added photos, videos, links, political commentary, with updates on ten different one-man shows over the years! As such, piecing together these updates has grown more elaborate, often forcing me to wait until I've got a week of down-time to assemble the narrative.

Of course, most of that stuff has been going up on social media, which means that much of this has been rehashing what a lot of you guys know already. 

And the most oft-heard complaint is that this is just too damn long, and I'm sure many of you just hit "delete," because you don't have an EXTRA HOUR to trace through my life. (Hey, no judgement.) 

So, I'm going to tighten things up: post more often, but with less "stuff." I may send a few of the upcoming NEW thing to this list, but largely the plan is to migrate over to Patreon, a subscription/membership service, where I'll be able to offer updates (and some cool free stuff) to subscribers: such as Free Performances in your Living Room! (or some similar intimate venue).

"Subscriptions" or "memberships" will be as low as $1/month, and I'll be limiting my updates to monthly releases of the most fun stuff. Mostly, I want to dive more fully into what I do best: "Inspire, Inform, Enlighten, Educate and Entertain." Some issues are looming more and more, and while I continue to perform Shakespeare and Moliere, I expect performances of the new show are going to become ever more crucial.

Anyway here's: THE LINK to continue to keep up with adventures on the road! 

And here's a brief 2-minute VIDEO to explain the how and the why of this new adventure. 


In the meantime, we rejoin THE FINAL ISSUE OF THE VIEW FROM HERE, already in progress!

*  *  *

This issue, in memory of Abigail Kimmel Kane
I’m back!

It’s been on a long trek these last five-plus months! I wouldn’t blame you if you thought I’d given up on blogging!

Keeping my head above water can be a challenge on the road. Between fundraising, email campaigns, writing, memorizing, publishing books... oh, and PERFORMING, it can feel like I’m trying to run as fast as I can, in every direction, simultaneously.

Pics by Tisse Mallon; Compilation by Marcus Fernando

Usually, amid the thick of the thing, I feel like I’m going nowhere with nothing to show for it. When I finally catch my breath enough to look back and trace through all the stuff that’s gone on, suddenly I’m actually a little impressed with whomever it was occupying my body through that period.


Back in June I alerted you to the “Man Cave” fundraiser! We fell short of our $5,000 goal for promo and travel for the big Los Angeles premiere of “Man Cave.” We didn’t quite go “over the top,” but we did get some really cool photos from Tisse Mallon, which were compiled into a terrific composite from Marcus Fernando, some awesome art from the brilliant David Jensen (above), and a couple of fun video trailers from Jennifer Irle (below).



Since we didn’t reach our goal, our Indiegogo campaign “closed” on-line. Which means we can’t keep going back to that link to continue fundraising. As an alternative, I’m starting up a “Patreon” page, for those who want to join in to help. [Obviously, I wrote this before writing the intro above...] There will be books, mugs, t-shirts, balloons, advance releases, novelties and photos from the road. I don't know quite what I’m going to create in the coming years but, by now, we can be pretty sure there’s gonna be something, and if you’re still reading this, then probably it will be something you’ll like. Every month, every subscriber (from $1 per month on up) will be eligible to win a performance in their very own living room, (or some venue of their choice) with the first drawing on January 1, 2019! Come join us!

I headed for the Portland Fringe Fest (“PortFringe”)… about as far from my anticipated trip to L.A. as I might get (while still in the continental United States). A nice article (and a terrific photo) popped up in “Maine Today”. (Yes, “Julius Caesar” is a particularly difficult name to spell.) .

Last spring, I had no way of knowing that “Man Cave” would be performance-ready by summer, so I scheduled “Breakneck Julius Caesar” for two fringes. Audiences for “BJC” were tiny in Portland, but the people were very encouraging. We did run into one organizational kerfuffle: The slide projector in the space didn’t work for my show, and adding my own slide projector to the load-in added an extra 10 minutes or so... with other not-so-hilarious complications ensuing. Eventually, I had a pow-wow with the fringe staff and they were very generous in renewing their support, and my last few performances went extremely well.

While there wasn’t much of the “legit press” reviewing these performances, the fringe did get website reviewers out to the show:
"Breakneck – the name is earned... The raw text is handled by an articulate performer who supplements the packed performance with data, his insights, and his comedic takes on Shakespeare’s plot-holes in a way you wouldn’t see at The Globe. This story is both timely and timeless – an undertaking of Shakespearean sophistication. If you don’t know Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, take a wild stab at the one." (Kahlil LeSaldo)
"In this one-man production of five acts and twenty characters—executed within a single hour without sacrificing any of the poetry, the intrigue, or the complex richness of the original—a unique mastery is most certainly on display. In a Fringe season defined by one-man shows, this is undoubtedly the classical centerpiece." (Douglas W. Milliken)
My old friends from Southern Illinois University, the director of the first college show I ever performed in, Eric Peterson, and my “girlfriend” in that show, Kirsten Langellier, came to see my final performance, after which we caught up over lunch. Eric and Kirsten had some great ideas for promoting “Man Cave,” and I’m still looking up loads of school contacts for that one.

One fringe actor posted:

As a Latin Nerd and Ancient Roman History buff, it was super exciting to see the maps of the travels of the characters throughout the play... I was as exhausted as Tim probably is after this whirlwind hour, but in all the right ways, and I can't believe he does this with multiple Shakespeare plays. If you get a chance to see his performative acrobatics, I highly recommend it... You're not sure he can do it all in an hour and yet does so with gusto. (Chris DeFilipp)
Yet another actor posted:

“Filled with humor, background, effects and history… his acting is spot on, especially his juxtaposition of Brutus’ speech to the Roman citizens at Caesar’s funeral against Marc Antony’s …  an arrogant flawed nobility of Brutus against the cunning and ambition of an intelligent Marc Antony… Whether you understand Shakespeare or not – he will make it worth the ride.” (James Carey)

The casts of at least five different shows...
About halfway through the week, the performers started meeting up at a dive bar which had PBR’s for about $2.50. The crowd of us grew every night until we were a large gang of friends, enjoying the camaraderie.

Despite audience size, I won a “Critic’s Choice” award. (They give them corny names, such as: “The Mentos Award... For Making a 400-Year-Old Play Feel Fresh,” so I just cite it as “a Critic’s Choice award” and move on.)
Moliere visits Quebec!

I took a short cut on my way home, driving on the north side of the Great Lakes, stopping in Toronto to catch up with my new friend from the Orlando Fringe, Polly Esther, and stopping in Detroit to catch up with Isaac, who is now two years into his PhD program!
Dropping in on the cast of
"Dammit Jim...!"
Isaac & I
In Chicago, I redoubled my efforts towards the coming trip to Los Angeles. I was brought up short to hear of the mass killings at the Capital Gazette in Annapolis. I hadn’t listened attentively to the details at first, but the following day, I noticed the name “Wendi Winters,” and realized that she and her daughter had been at the performance of my “The Servant of Two Masters” in Annapolis back in 2015. (While Wendi had worked for the Capital Gazette, it was her daughter who had written a really great review, quoted way back in TVFH 167. We’ve been Facebook friends ever since.) It’s a gut-punch to see the national tragedy of gun violence starting to hit people we know.

I did one last “living room performance” of “Man Cave” for a dozen or so friends showing up in April’s living room. Since I had to put the play together in a rush for the Orlando Fringe, I hadn’t had the chance to share it with any hometown friends before taking it on the road. A couple of friends’ reviews:

“Tim’s play makes Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth” viscerally real, helping us envision our inevitable future with facts, logic, and a good yank on our emotions. We are left to ponder what we should be doing right now to feel more hopeful and less guilty ten years from now.” (Kate Hutchinson)

 “It’s funny, sobering and action-packed!” (Carol Alleman, who has re-christened me as “The Always Amazing Tim Mooney”)

 “A poignant cautionary tale in the tradition of a well thought-out episode of Rod Serling’s Twilight Zone.” (Ed Pekin)
Along the four-day drive to L.A., I passed the usual glorious scenery through Colorado and Utah. I was a little freaked out seeing that the drive from Las Vegas to L.A. pushed the dashboard thermometer as high as 116 degrees, and I spotted at least two forest fires in the hills! (A timely context for “Man Cave.”) [We'll take a pause here, so you can enjoy the drive...]

Next 6 pics from my favorite pass: "Glenwood Canyon"


Optical illusion: that's the top of my car, looking like a lake
View sans "lake"
Same view; some guy in the way...
Fire in the hills
"Bird Sitting on Bluff?"
Approaching 116 Degrees
I had a week-long stay in L.A. (mostly visiting with my good friend, Kirsten), with the luxury of THREE tech rehearsals before actually opening the show. I happened to arrive at the same time that my old Nebraska friend, Todd Nelson was hosting one of his Nebraska “Coast Connection” events at an L.A. hotel, and he invited me in to talk about my work. Partially because of this appearance, and despite the fact that I was the only actor from “out of town” to perform at this particular festival, I ended up with as many or more folks in the audience as either of the other two acts participating had. There were several from Nebraska, a friend from Orlando, a fellow Playwright, an old friend from Southern Illinois University, as well as Kirsten, who filled out the house. There was no actual media coverage for this festival, but it was great exposure and practice.
Todd, Tim & Todd at the Nebraska Coast Connection

Todd, Tim & Michael in the blue neon light of the Theatre

We had small receptions outside the theatre after each of these performances, and one woman I’d not met before recognized the original source of my material: the work of climate scientist, Guy McPherson! I delighted to know that I was true enough to the original source that someone had recognized it, especially as I had never met, nor studied McPherson’s work. My initial inspiration had been second-hand, by way of Dan Kinch’s Tampa Fringe show, “Planet Hospice.”
And now, the drive back...

No, really. It's a town... "Beaver, Utah."
I headed back to Chicago, capturing even more irritatingly beautiful photos along the way. I stopped in Kansas City, again, just in time to give Beth Byrd-Lonski's "Commedia Kansas City" group an impromptu workshop.

Back home, we had a family reunion as an early salute to my dad’s 90th birthday (it’s actually December 7, but it’s much easier to get people out during the Summer). Dad hosted a performance of my The Greatest Speech of All Time at his Senior Center, and I got to perform for a bunch of Mooneys, McGees and Schmids who had never seen this show before. I was reminded of just how controversial some of these speeches still are, as report reached me of one woman actually walking out in a proverbial huff, irritated that I was giving a platform for that radical, Frederick Douglass.

The next night was a get together at my brother Mike’s house, complete with cake, even more of the gang, and Isaac coming out from Detroit.
Isaac & Dad
Cousin Jan took a close-up of one of the old family movies...
I manned a booth at the American Alliance for Theatre & Education (AATE) conference in Minneapolis, and a fellow from Utah (who I’d never met before) recognized me from YouTube and said “I LOVE your work! I show your stuff to my students ALL THE TIME to demonstrate the handling of language, the physical commitment, the energy and enthusiasm that you put into your performances.” (Awwww…)

This led me to muse over what remains an ongoing theme over the years: we will never know quite the extent of the impact that we have on the world “out there.” Whether we have a “presence” on the internet, or have simply touched one life at a time… those “ripples” travel farther than we ever quite realize… so, all we can do is just keep on making those ripples…
I wanted to stay on in Minneapolis to catch shows at the Fringe festival, but (not-unexpected) word came to me that my old college sweetheart, Abbe Kane had passed away, succumbing to a long bout with Multiple Myeloma. I hurried back to Chicago and pulled out some of the old photos that I had in some of my collections, emailing copies ahead to her son, Tim, and daughter, Charlotte. The wake and the next morning’s ceremony in Springfield were very moving, and I was extremely touched that they sat me very close to the family. I find myself missing her very much.

Back to the road.

“Breakneck Julius Caesar” was slated for the Indianapolis Fringe Fest, and I was glad to see my show getting top billing in the preview article from the local alternative paper (Nuvo):

"You might have seen Tim Mooney perform his “Breakneck Hamlet” in the 2015 IndyFringe. But in case you haven’t, it’s a one-man solo performance where at the speed of sound, he seamlessly summarizes important plot points. He also performs selected scenes—including the infamous “To be or not to be” soliloquy – with gusto. And then there’s his incisive and ironic commentary..."

Iago at the Beer Tent
A scheduling conflict at the venue forced my opening night performance to cancel, and I spent that time at the beer tent, singing karaoke and performing Shakespeare monologues by request. When I finally squeezed in my first performance, there was a terrific ovation paying off for the long wait.

Me with former NIU student, Caroline Good
...with playwright, Mark Harvey Levine

This was my fourth performance at the IndyFringe. I usually take 2-3 years off between Indy Fests, and that’s led to a fun series of photos over the years with a little girl (who I only actually know as "Amy's Daughter") who came to see “Greatest Speech” when she was 2, “Hamlet’ when she was 5, and now “Julius Caesar” at the age of 7.
 
I may have lost any of the mainstream media coverage I might have gotten with the cancellation of my first performance, but several friends made up for it on their blogs, tweets and Facebook posts:

…This show is notable not only for how much the script is cut down (and not noticeably, unless you are a Shakespeare scholar) but also for what is added. We get maps, historical asides (Brutus stabbed him where?!) and context for not only Rome but also the Elizabethan audience who first saw the play. Mooney delivers it all, complete with costume changes, with precision and an easy style that never feels rushed. His mastery of the material is evident throughout, making the show both entertaining and enlightening. (John Lyle Belden, “Reviews with John & Wendy”)
 A fantastic show… brilliantly done… all in one very fast-paced hour… go see it! (Mark Harvey Levine, Playwright)
 Tim Mooney delivers another powerhouse performance in his Breakneck Shakespeare series with BREAKNECK JULIUS CAESAR. Playing multiple characters… and even seamlessly manning his own technology with an informative, audience participation Power Point from the stage. This show is exciting, funny, informative, full of talent and… is it disrespectful to Shakespeare to say… fun. Tim Mooney is a master at his craft, and this show is solid as a rock. RECOMMENDED!! (Kevin Halladay, “Schedule C Shows”)
 
Usually, I’m a bit low-key when I distribute flyers for my show, letting my costume catch the public eye, and quietly approaching folks waiting in line. I found myself coming up on a large crowd waiting to get into two different shows and decided I needed to reach them all rather quickly before they disappeared inside their respective theatres: I boomed out: “Friends, Hoosiers, Countrymen, Please take my flyer! I come to perform Caesar, not to praise him…” (I KNOW! Cheesy, Right?! But suddenly LOTS of people were willing to take my flyer, and I nearly sold out both of my remaining performances.)

At the fringe closing night party, I ended up winning one of the “Top Selling Show” awards, having sold the most tickets for my particular venue. And as I ran up to the stage to accept my award, the crowd broke into a spontaneous, “Tim! Tim! Tim!”





The view from my Mississippi
host's "back yard"
Still only the last week of August, it was already time to start the “Fall Tour.” For the first time ever, I had booked shows in Mississippi, as Tonya Hayes, a good friend from the SETC conference, finally managed to book me in cooperation with three different groups. (Mississippi is state #48: Alaska and Wyoming still on the “to do” list)

The first Mississippi show, “Breakneck Hamlet” to a group of about 75 at Mississippi Gulfport Community College, finished with a standing ovation.

With "Gertrude" and "Ophelia"
The following morning, I performed “The Greatest Speech of All Time” to a small-but-full auditorium of about 150 Gulfport High School students. We spent a lot of time on on making sure the slide show worked, but really hadn’t tested the light settings before show time. I walked out into bright lights that blinded my view of the audience. It wasn’t until after taking my bow that the audience lights came up, and I found that the audience was all standing.

“Lot o’ Shakespeare” at the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center was the third and final Mississippi show for a crowd of about 60 (mostly high school kids). I did some 25 different monologues to an extremely receptive audience in about 80 minutes.

A week later, Tonya, who’d booked me to raise interest and to model Shakespearean style in advance of upcoming auditions for “The Tempest” cc’d me on a note to her colleagues:

We didn’t have our cast meeting on Thursday to get the tour arranged for the Tempest. It’s all Tim Mooney’s fault! I wanted to bring in Tim to get the students excited about Shakespeare and he did that! They are so excited. The auditions were CRAZY… My little Jr. High kids and the Teachers LOVED it!

The latest book!
I headed back for Chicago, this time working lines for “Man Cave,” “Shakespeare’s Histories” and “Moliere than Thou,” each of which had performances approaching within the month.

I was working and reworking the text for my newest book: “Man Cave, a One-man Sci-fi Climate Change Tragicomedy, Annotated” and had done a couple of rounds of proofing already. As I was gearing to order yet another proof from the on-line printer, I accidentally hit “Approve Proof” instead, which meant that as of September 8, my new book was published! I ordered copies to meet me on the road, where I planned to continue editing the text.

Michael Verderber of
Kingsville, Texas, holding
the first official "published
copy!"
Phase two of the fall tour took me to Denver, with the Educational Theatre Association conference, a performance of “Man Cave” at the Dangerous Theatre and a performance of “Moliere than Thou” at the Broomfield Auditorium. Broomfield’s show was the very first performance for a guest artist series that they were just beginning to establish, and they had no idea how it was going to go over. It turned out that about 60 people (more than anticipated) showed up, with a really nice ovation at the end.

Somewhere in there, I managed to catch a brief visit with Amber and her baby, Charlotte, before pushing south to Texas, stopping one of my favorite layovers: Roswell, New Mexico along the way, before continuing far south to Alpine, Texas, where Sul Ross State University wanted a workshop to help ready their students for “Macbeth.”
Posing with Roswell townfolk
TETA Display
Back north in Dallas, I attended the Texas Educational Theatre Festival (using a bit of recent Roswell swag for a display) before a long trip to Muskingum University in Ohio for “Shakespeare’s Histories,” and “Breakneck Hamlet” in Indianapolis (a 9 am show, challenging enough for me, not to mention the still-sleeping students), and a long drive east for a stay at my sister's newly fixed-up “guest house” in Claiborne, Maryland. She and her husband, Tim, took me out on a very fun sunset boat ride upon my arrival.
Tim & Mo, on the water...
"It looks like a painting..."
Lighthouse by Sunset
The Guest House

Unexpected guests...
 
I had a couple of events while I was in the neighborhood, including “Moliere than Thou” (and a couple of classroom appearances) at the University of Delaware, and another run south for the Virginia Theatre Association conference in Norfolk.

I got a little too “moved in” at the guest house in Claiborne. I got some laundry done, including both “Hamlet” and “Moliere” costume pieces. Unfortunately, the black Moliere knickers and tights disappeared against the black Hamlet tunic, which I left folded on the counter, and I didn’t realize that these pieces were left behind until about 90 minutes before the U-Delaware show time. I made a quick run to the local Target, where I found a pair of black sweatpants and tights. I returned to safety pin the sweats in such a way that they would just come down to the knee.

They actually looked pretty good, and would have worked well had I not gotten too impressed with my own cleverness; I stopped to take a photo of myself in the “knickers,” and contorted my position in such a way that one of the safety pins pulled loose just before going on stage. As a result, one leg stayed perfectly in place, while the other drooped from the knee to the ankle through the course of the performance.

Maureen introduced me to the St. Michaels librarian, and we pulled together a performance of “Lot o’ Shakespeare” at the library. In spite of short notice, some 48 people came out to catch me perform 23 speeches in the middle of the afternoon!

A couple of days later, I met up with Kevin Brooks of the Eastport Oyster Boys who, unable to catch my show in St Michaels, was in town to do a show on one of the cruise ships that pulls into port. He invited me to do some spontaneous Shakespeare-by-Request at his musical gig on the cruise, and the crowd responded rather well to the “Macbeth,” “Merchant” and “Midsummer” monologues they requested.

The down time in St. Michaels allowed me to do one of my famous-but-back-breaking email campaigns, and I continue to work to add science teachers to the huge list of faculty, nationwide.

I did a long November 3 drive down to Bristol, Virginia/Tennessee, so that I’d only have a short hop the following day (which happened to be yet another birthday), before continuing along to Nashville the next day.

At my hotel that night, I went on line to do a Facebook live performance of my favorite Dr.Seuss book, “The Lorax,” as the clock turned midnight. Given that I would be traveling from Eastern time to Central time the next day, AND that my birthday fell on a day that the clocks were about to “Fall Back,” I promoted this reading as…

“...The one in which Tim reads Dr. Seuss’ “The Lorax” in his pajamas, in advance of the longest birthday ever, to encourage everybody to go out and VOTE, while struggling to remain non-partisan, but well, you know… you’ve SEEN his Facebook feed… while occasionally nudging you to donate to his birthday fundraiser so that he can afford to COME TO YOUR TOWN this summer to perform at YOUR LOCAL FRINGE FESTIVAL with his NEW PLAY: MAN CAVE, A ONE-MAN SCI-FI CLIMATE CHANGE TRAGICOMEDY so that he can, you know, SAVE THE WORLD! …and did I mention that you should, um, VOTE?! Because 'UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.'”

My birthday...
lying in the road as usual
I managed to meet up with grade-school-friend, John Brauweiler who lives in Bristol, and captured a lying-down-in-the-road photo on Bristol’s Main Street, half of which is on the Virginia side, and half of which is on the Tennessee side of the state line. 

Following a birthday spent mostly answering Facebook birthday greetings, I continued on to Clarksville, TN, for two workshops and a performance of “Moliere than Thou” for an enthusiastic group of about 50.

Of course, the election happened, which was mostly good. And the Resident immediately rammed an unqualified candidate into the Attorney General position, which was bad, and I actually went out and attended my first ever protest rally (how have I made it this long without attending a protest rally?), where they apparently liked the chants I was coming up with, and stuck a megaphone into my hand.
“What time is it?!” “Mueller time!”
Over the past month or so, I’ve come up with some really fun ideas for draft #s 6 and 7 of the “Mary Sidney Project,” and I’m happy enough with the script now to begin sharing it around. If anybody out there wants to have a look at it, please drop me a note! [I'm sure I'll be talking about it at length on the new "Patreon list."]

And, as if all this were not enough, I am in the proofing stages of a NEW, “Young Adult” version of “Man Cave,” (featuring a new prologue and glossary) for performance at high schools. As such, I will be ready to perform this show for the people most threatened by climate change (i.e., the new generation) no later than this January!

Finally, all of these projects have slowed my focus on lining up bookings for the coming Winter/Spring! I’d love to bring one of these shows to your school, library, cruise, or living room! Through the month of December, I'll be offering a discount "Year-End Close-Out!" Drop me a note if you’d like to set something up!

Thanks again, to all who have read through to the end of Issue #175! I hope you'll stick with me in time to come. Please click here to join me!

Love,
Tim

Discoveries "I feel like I'm trying to run as fast as I can in every direction, simultaneously." * While in the thick of it, I may feel like I'm going nowhere, when I finally catch my breath, I'm actually a little impressed. * There's an inertia that sets in after each individual fundraiser, and starting up a new one is like going back to a dead lift. * Taking the extra time to voice my issues with the Fringe staff can have unexpected payoffs. * National tragedies, such as gun violence, remain at least slightly abstract until they start impacting people you know. * Frederick Douglass is still controversial. * There are people out there that I've influenced, even though we've never met... "all we can do is just keep making those ripples." * Sometimes the risk with the biggest benefit is the willingness to be publicly silly. * Never start the show without seeing what the light settings are going to look like during the show, itself. * Double check to make sure all black costume pieces have been packed. 

Timothy Mooney Repertory Theatre Tour Schedule

(Already-booked dates in GREEN; Tentative bookings in RED (possibly) and BLUE (probably)
MTT = “Moliere than Thou”; LoS = “Lot o’ Shakespeare;” GSAT = “Greatest Speech of All Time;” SH – “Shakespeare’s Histories;” BH – “Breakneck Hamlet;” BJC – “Breakneck Julius Caesar” MC – “Man Cave” 

FALL, 2018

Dec 2             IOWA State University, Ames, IA (MC)
Dec 3-4          Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO (Workshops)
Dec 5-7          MISSOURI, IOWA, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN

WINTER/SPRING, 2019

Jan 3-6          MLA Chicago
Jan 7-9           ILLINOIS
Jan 10-12      Illinois High School Theatre Festival (Exhibit)
Jan 13-14      ILLINOIS, IOWA, MISSOURI
Jan 15-16      KANSAS, OKLAHOMA, ARKANSAS
Jan 17-20      TEXAS, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI
Jan 21-22      MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA, GEORGIA
Jan 23-30      FLORIDA
Feb 1-5          GEORGIA, FLORIDA
Feb 6              Orlando, Florida
Feb 7-8          FLORIDA, GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Feb 9-10        SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA
Feb 11-12      VIRGINIA, D.C., MARYLAND, DELAWARE
Feb 13-14      PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO
Feb 15-16      OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA
Feb 17-18      ILLINOIS
Feb 19            MICHIGAN
Feb 20           North Central College, Naperville, IL (MTT) 
Feb 21            INDIANA, OHIO,
Feb 22            INDIANA, WEST VIRGINIA, OHIO, KENTUCKY
Feb 23-24      WEST VIRGINIA KENTUCKY, TENNESSEE, MISSISSIPPI
Feb 25            MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA, TENNESSEE
Feb 26            ALABAMA, GEORGIA, TENNESSEE
Feb 27-Mar 2 SETC Conference, Knoxville, TN
Mar 3-4         GEORGIA, FLORIDA
Mar 5-6         FLORIDA
March 6        Orlando, FL
Mar 7             GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Mar 8             GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA
Mar 9             NORTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA
Mar 10          VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, MARYLAND
Mar 11          VIRGINIA, WV, D.C., MARYLAND, DELAWARE, NEW JERSEY, NY, PENNSYLVANIA
Mar 12          DELAWARE, NEW JERSEY, PENNSYLVANIA, NEW ENGLAND
Mar 13-14    NEW ENGLAND
Mar 15-16    Boston, MA (BJC)
Mar 17-19    NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA
Mar 20          OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA
Mar 21-24    Three Brothers Theatre, Waukegan, IL (MC?)
Mar 25          ILLINOIS, IOWA, MISSOURI
Mar 26          MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, KANSAS
Mar 27          KANSAS, OKLAHOMA, ARKANSAS
Mar 28          OKLAHOMA, LOUISIANA, TEXAS
Mar 29          TEXAS
Mar 30-Apr 1 NEW MEXICO
Apr 2              NEW MEXICO, ARIZONA
Apr 3              ARIZONA, UTAH, NEVADA
Apr 4-5          CALIFORNIA, OREGON
Apr 6-9          OREGON, WASHINGTON, ALASKA
Apr 10-11      OREGON, WASHINGTON, IDAHO
Apr 12            MONTANA, WYOMING, UTAH, COLORADO
Apr 13            DAKOTAS, NEBRASKA, MINNESOTA
Apr 13-19      MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, IOWA, ILLINOIS
Apr 22-23      MICHIGAN, INDIANA, OHIO
Apr 24            OHIO, KENTUCKY
Apr 25            KENTUCKY, TENNESSEE
Apr 26            ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA, VIRGINIA
Apr 27-29      LOUSIANA, MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA, NORTH CAROLINA
Apr 30            GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA, FLORIDA
May 1                        FLORIDA

SUMMER, 2019 (possible events)

May 2-11      Tampa Fringe Festival
May 14-27    Orlando Fringe Festival, Orlando, FL
June 15-22    Portland, ME or Ottawa, ON
Jul 11-15:      Regina Fringe
July 14-17      AATF, Philadelphia, PA
July 17-28      Winnipeg Fringe or KC Fringe
August 1-11  Minnesota Fringe
August 2-10  Calgary Fringe or Saskatoon Fringe
August 15-25  Edmonton Fringe
August 21-Sept 1  Victoria Fringe

FALL, 2019

Sep 3-10        ILLINOIS
Sep 11-14      Educational Theatre Association Conference
Sep 16            ILLINOIS, INDIANA, MICHIGAN
Sep 17            INDIANA, MICHIGAN, OHIO
Sep 18            OHIO, KENTUCKY, WEST VIRGINIA
Sep 19            PENNSYLVANIA, NEW YORK
Sep 20            PENNSYLVANIA, NEW YORK, NEW ENGLAND
Sep 21-23      NEW ENGLAND
Sep 24            NEW ENGLAND, NEW YORK
Sep 25            NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY
Sep 26            PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY, D.C., MARYLAND, DELAWARE
Sep 27            D.C. MARYLAND, DELAWARE
Sep 28-29      MARYLAND
Sep 30            MARYLAND, D.C., VIRGINIA                          
Oct 1              VIRGINIA, NORTH CAROLINA
Oct 2              NORTH/SOUTH CAROLINA
Oct 3              SOUTH CAROLINA, GEORGIA
Oct 4              GEORGIA, FLORIDA
Oct 5-6          FLORIDA
Oct 7              FLORIDA, GEORGIA
Oct 8              GEORGIA, TENNESSEE
Oct 9              TENNESSEE, ALABAMA
Oct 10            ALABAMA, MISSISSIPPI
Oct 11            MISSISSIPPI, ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA
Oct 12-13      LOUISIANA, TEXAS, ARKANSAS
Oct 14            OKLAHOMA, ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA, TEXAS
Oct 15            TEXAS, OKLAHOMA
Oct 16            TEXAS, NEW MEXICO
Oct 17            NEW MEXICO, ARIZONA
Oct 18            ARIZONA, NEVADA, CALIFORNIA
Oct 19-21      CALIFORNIA
Oct 22            CALIFORNIA, NEVADA, OREGON
Oct 23            OREGON, WASHINGTON, UTAH
Oct 24            OREGON, WASHINGTON, IDAHO, UTAH
Oct 25            IDAHO, MONTANA, WYOMING, COLORADO
Oct 26-27      MONTANA, COLORADO, WYOMING
Oct 28            SOUTH/NORTH DAKOTA, WYOMING, COLORADO
Oct 29            NEBRASKA, KANSAS
Oct 30            NEBRASKA, KANSAS, MISSOURI
Oct 31            MISSOURI, IOWA
Nov 1             IOWA, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN
Nov 2-3          MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN
Nov 4-5          WISCONSIN, ILLINOIS
Nov 6             ILLINOIS, IOWA, MISSOURI
Nov 7             MISSOURI, ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA
Nov 8             OKLAHOMA, TEXAS
Nov 9             TEXAS, LOUISIANA
Nov 10           LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA
Nov 11           MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA, TENNESSEE
Nov 12           TENNESSEE, GEORGIA
Nov 13           GEORGIA, FLORIDA
Nov 14           FLORIDA                                                                         
Nov 15-17     FLORIDA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Nov 18           SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA
Nov 19           NORTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA
Nov 20           VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, D.C.
Nov 21           MARYLAND, DELAWARE, NEW JERSEY
Nov 22           NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, NEW ENGLAND
Nov 23-24     NEW ENGLAND, NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA
Nov 25           PENNSYLVANIA, OHIO, KENTUCKY             
Nov 26           OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA


WINTER/SPRING, 2020
Jan 6               UTAH, WYOMING
Jan 7               MONTANA, IDAHO
Jan 8               IDAHO, WASHINGTON
Jan 9-12         MLA Conference, Seattle, WA
Jan 13-14      WASHINGTON, OREGON
Jan 15            CALIFORNIA
Jan 16-17      CALIFORNIA, NEVADA
Jan 18-19      CALIFORNIA
Jan 20-21      ARIZONA, NEW MEXICO
Jan 22-25      TEXAS, OKLAHOMA
Jan 26-27      ARKANSAS, LOUISIANA, MISSISSIPPI
Jan 28            MISSISSIPPI, ALABAMA
Jan 29            ALABAMA, GEORGIA
Jan 30            GEORGIA
Jan 31-Feb 2 FLORIDA
Feb 3              GEORGIA, SOUTH CAROLINA
Feb 4              SOUTH CAROLINA, NORTH CAROLINA
Feb 5              NORTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA
Feb 6              NORTH CAROLINA, VIRGINIA, DC, MARYLAND, DELAWARE
Feb 7              DC, MARYLAND, DELAWARE
Feb 8-9          MARYLAND
Feb 10            NEW JERSEY, PENNSYLVANIA
Feb 11            NEW JERSEY, PENNSYLVANIA, NEW YORK
Feb 12-15      NEW ENGLAND
Feb 16            NEW YORK
Feb 17-18      NEW YORK, PENNSYLVANIA
Feb 19            WEST VIRGINIA, OHIO, MICHIGAN
Feb 20            OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA
Feb 21            MICHIGAN, INDIANA, ILLINOIS
Feb 22-23      ILLINOIS
Feb 24           Lewis University, Romeoville, IL (MC)
Feb 25-26      ILLINOIS, INDIANA
Feb 27-29      KENTUCKY, TENNESSEE
Mar 1-7         ? SETC
Mar 8             TENNESSEE
Mar 9             ARKANSAS, OKLAHOMA, MISSOURI, KANSAS
Mar 10          KANSAS, OKLAHOMA, NEW MEXICO
Mar 11          NEW MEXICO, ARIZONA
Mar 12          ARIZONA, NEVADA
Mar 13-14    NEVADA (Nevada Theatre Association?)
Mar 15-16    NEVADA, CALIFORNIA
Mar 17-18    CALIFORNIA
Mar 19          OREGON
Mar 20          OREGON, WASHINGTON
Mar 21-24    WASHINGTON, BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALASKA, IDAHO
Mar 25          WASHINGTON, IDAHO
Mar 26          MONTANA, WYOMING
Mar 27          UTAH, COLORADO
Mar 28          COLORADO
Mar 29          COLORADO, KANSAS
Mar 30          KANSAS, NEBRASKA
Mar 31          NEBRASKA, SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA
Apr 1              SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, MINNESOTA, IOWA
Apr 2              WISCONSIN, MINNESOTA, IOWA, MISSOURI
Apr 3              WISCONSIN, ILLINOIS
Apr 4-5          ILLINOIS
-->
Apr 6-May 2 RESIDENCY OPPORTUNITY

-->

No comments: